Choose the size that you would prefer.
Choose the color that you would prefer.
A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including foerstry and general landscaping.
- Forged steel head
- Hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade
- Heat treated working ends produce fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness
- Head is coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 36" double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- Made in USA
Council Tool Product Number: 38PE136
L.N. Curtis & sons Product Number: 375MA