S.E. International Ranger Radiation Survey Meter
Item #: RANGER SEI
The Ranger offers maximum performance in a lightweight, rugged solution for surveying at the facility or in the field. The Ranger has been designed for industrial environments, but it still has all of the features you’ve come to love in the lab. The Ranger is a small, handheld, microprocessor-based instrument which offers excellent sensitivity to low levels of alpha, beta, gamma, and x-rays and has built in efficiencies for common isotopes to calculate activity in Bq and DPM. It has a backlit digital display, a red count light, and a beeper that sounds with each count detected. Other features include selectable alert levels, an adjustable timer, and an optional wipe test plate for swipes. Internal memory and the free Observer USB Software allow you to download your data, set computer alarms, and calibrate your instrument.
Selectable Alert Set Range
- Internal Halogen-quenched, uncompensated GM tube with thin mica window, 1.4-2.0 mg/cm2 areal density. Effective diameter of window is 45 mm (1.77 in.).
- mR/hr - .001 (1µR) to 100
- CPM - 0 to 350,000
- µSv/hr - .01 to 1000
- CPS - 0 to 5000
- Total Counts- 1 to 9,999,000 counts
- Accuracy (Referenced to Cs137)
- Typically ±15% from factory, ±10% with NIST Source Calibration
- Detects Alpha down to 2 MeV. Detects Beta down to .16 MeV; typical detection efficiency at 1 MeV is approx. 25%. Detects Gamma down to 10 KeV through the detector window. 3340 CPM/mR/hr (137Cs). Smallest detectable level for 125I is .02 µCi at contact.
- Sulfur (35S), Strontium (90Sr/y), Cesium (137Cs), Phosphorus (32P), Carbon (14C), Iodine (131I), Cobalt (60Co), and Alpha
Selectable Alert Set Range
- mR/hr .001 - 100 and CPM 1 - 350,000. Pulsating beeper sounds the alert. Adjustable alert levels are used for mR/hr / CPM, and µSv/hr / CPS. 70db @ 1m. Alarm will sound when in Timer Mode when set alarm threshold is reached.
- Meter will hold at OVER RANGE in fields as high as 100 times the maximum reading.
- Display updates every 3 seconds. At low background levels, the update is the average for the past 30-second time period. The timed period for the average decreases as the radiation level increases.
- Graphic Display with Backlight
- Red LED flashes with each radiation event
- Internally mounted beeper (can be switched off for silent operation)
- USB for use with Free Observer USB Software for PCs
- Two AA alkaline batteries (included). Approx. 800 hrs @ background
- 5.5" x 2.7" x 1.3"
- Carrying Case, Xtreme Boot, Lanyard, Stand, Mini-USB Cable, Observer USB Software Download, Certificate of Conformance
- Wipe Test Plate, Swipes, NIST Calibration
- 1 year limited warranty