PGI Cobra NextGen Hood with Comfort Plus Lining
$37.97 to $52.67
Item #: NEXTGEN HOOD CPL PGI
The popular Cobra Ultimate Sure‑Fit hood was redesigned and 6" was added to the width for exceptional shoulder coverage and reduction of bunching at chest and back.
- Increased width of Sure‑Fit panel by 1.25" for a more comfortable fit over SCBA mask and mask hardware.
- Added 2" to the length ensuring complete chest coverage and that the hood stays tucked in even after laundering shrinkage (5" longer than NFPA requires).
- Contours better to the shape of the head for improved fit and comfort.
- Fuller cut builds a little “ease” into the hood so it doesn't fit skin tight like typical hoods. This more generous cut gives hood improved thermal resistance from flame and heat due to the extra space (layer of air) between hood and head.
- Nomex/Lenzing FR w/ Comfort Plus Lining
- This mid‑weight blend has become the most popular hood fabric in the market due to its ability to wick moisture away from the skin more effectively than other flame resistant fabrics keeping the wearer drier and more comfortable.
- Material weight - 6 oz.
- White with White or Black Thread
- PBI/Lenzing FR w/ Comfort Plus Lining
- PBI is an extraordinary fiber that doesn’t burn in air. Blended with Lenzing FR, this fabric is the lightest, most comfortable flame resistant hood fabric on the market. Even though fabric is incredibly lightweight, at 5.7 oz./sq. yd, it has an exceptionally high TPP rating. Add the Comfort Plus Liner to the PBI/Lenzing FR blend, and the Thermal Protection Performance (TPP) rating dramatically improves.
- Material weight - 5.9 oz.
- Tan with Tan or White Thread
- P84/Lenzing FR/Kevlar w/ Comfort Plus Lining
- This heavy weight blend keeps you dry and comfortable because of the wicking ability of Lenzing FR. The Comfort Plus Liner dramatically improves TPP rating while reducing cost.
- Material weight - 8 oz.
- Yellow with White or Black Thread