Council Tool Flathead Axe - Fireman's 6# Axe with 36" Curved Wood Handle
Call to Check Pricing & Order: 877-488-0469
Choose the size that you would prefer.
Choose the color that you would prefer.
US Gov and tax exempt customers: please call (877) 488-0469 to place your order.
Shipping weight: 10lbs
- Dayton patterned head
- Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, door stop, etc.
- Cutting edge is approximately 5" in overall length and the poll is square
- Forged tool steel head
- Made in USA
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting
- Heat treated cutting edge produces fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 36" curved hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
Council Tool Product Number: 60F36C